I got this excerpt from someone that I deeply respect in our Coach Marketing field. I did not know and aware that we can learn someone from a belly old man that appear once in a year located in Finland- of course I'm talking about the Red Santa. Here goes:-
I’ve got a running challenge with one of my Black Belt Insiders to extract business lessons from weird places.
It all started when he mentioned the book ”Everything I know about business, I learned in kindergarten”.
Today, I bring you marketing lessons from the man in red:
1. DELIVER ON TIME – Would we still believe in Santa if he missed a year, or came late?
2. EVERYONE LOVES A GIVER – don’t be a taker. Move the free line, and win your prospects over with your generosity.
3. HIRE A TEAM OF HARDWORKING ADMIN PEOPLE TO MAKE YOU LOOK GOOD – Santa gets the glory, but the elves work hard to make it all look easy. Maybe you need to hire some elves next year (Think hardworking, talented, and offshore)
4. BUILD YOUR DATABASE – Santa makes a list, and checks it twice. Most coaches don’t even have a list
5. TEACH YOUR CLIENTS HOW TO TREAT YOU – Every kid knows to leave out Milk & Cookies, and leave carrots for the reindeer. Do your clients know how to help you?
6. QUALIFY HARD – Do you grade your prospects and clients? Santa even grades KIDS either naughty or nice! Which of your clients have been nice? Which prospect has been naughty. You know what to do…
7. LEVERAGE – Santa has a team of "body doubles" who have been working the crowds at every shopping centre on the planet for the last 4 weeks. (While the real Santa sips margaritas by the pool at his condo)
8. LIMIT ACCESS – Santa’s got things set up, so you can’t get him on the mobile, or just see him whenever you want. You've gotta send your request to an obscure PO Box in the North Pole. Are you too easy to get? Can you afford to be available all the time?
9. RUN SPECIAL EVENTS – He ís the original Product Launch Formula guy. He builds massive anticipation, and even gets your kids counting down the sleeps till the big day.
10. COSTUME & SELF PROMOTION – If he just wore regular clothes, he be no big deal. Do you have a uniform that makes you THE coach?
11. GET OTHERS TO TALK YOU UP – His P.R. elves get everyone talking about Santa, so he never has to talk himself up.
12. BUILD A BUSINESS THAT GIVES YOU FREE TIME – With all his body doubles and the team of elves, Santa really only works a couple of days a year. Most of the list-checking is done in Bangalore these days, so he and the missus get 363 days off, which they spend in the Bahamas and gamble in Vegas.
There goes business lessons everywhere… if you look for them.. Feel free to send these lessons on to your clients and prospects if you think it will help them and make you look good.
Wish everyone a very Merry Christmas & Happy New Year...till then I'll see you in 2015 then.