As we approaching a brand New Year of 2013 in few more days, what has come to your mind in terms of what worked and not for this year? Anxious, Challenging, Joy, Fun, Awesome, Tiring, Stucked, Remorseful?
Whatever it was, there’s nothing you could do in really turning the clock back as whatever had happened became part of your history. Yes, you and I have our own history, be it good or bad, we have a choice on it. Before we even sub-consciously created our history, we have our story too.
The good news is, your story starts now and we can choose to create a dream out of it. Absolutely, so if you have been given a chance what story you would like to create for yourself? What legacy would you like to leave behind? What vision you have set for next year and many more years to come?
It’s all bog down to a question, How Do You Create Your Outcome?
Wonder why people could really stick to their plan and have it completed successfully while majority of us whine and complained about it but never get it done half-way? It is because there’s a steps, mechanism, process and science behind it.
Dreams will always be dream and it will not be materialized unless you have your process in getting that. For upcoming brand New Year, here’s my gift to you that I used to coach and consult hundreds of people in my career life. It proven to be most effective way to get your outcome materialized.
1. Purpose- Begin With Your Clear Purpose, the reason behind the outcome or story ( some called it BIG WHY) you want it be materialized. Whatever we do it, do it meaningfully and that become our purpose in life.
2. What- What is the Top 3 things that we want to achieve in our life, career, health, relationship, financial, business and spiritually? Why top 3 things? Good question! I noticed based on my past experiences, many could complete their goals and tasks if it was being given at the most 3 rather than 10 or 20. Even if I would assign 7 goals, only 3 would be materialized. There’s a scientific study or research that said, the lesser we focus on goals, the better we could accomplish it. Don’t believe it? Try it for yourself…and let me know if it work for you. It certainly does not work for me.
3. When, Whom & Where- I know, you might already ask here, why 3 at a time in this step. This is because, at this point many failed to hold their commitment to accomplish their outcome or goal. Most ignore at the point “When”. But why “Whom” & “Where”? What does it got to do with “When”? Let’s start with When. This is the most simple question on “When” do you think you will complete this goal. Often many afraid to commit the deadline and target. Committing a date is part of helping us to focus we will have a deadline no matter what. Can you imagine if there’s no deadline, would you care when it be completed? Highly chances, we will forget about it. Now with “Whom” is to have someone hold us accountable on who will witness our success in reaching the goal. It does not matter who is that person, it could be your spouse, kid, boss, co-worker, buddy and many more. Naming someone help to strengthen your focus. Lastly, “Where” is what we focus to ask and ensure our goal is realistic and could happen within our thoughts. It help us to focus even more where we want to make it happened. That saying, we have no way to escape in making our goal a reality!
4. How- Another famous question on how do we get there? How do we reach our goal? How do we make a million dollar by next year? How do we shed 15 pounds next year? How do we buy more property next year? These are some of the questions that give us some picture in triggering a plan/strategy, resources required and can it be self-initiated. The reasons that if there’s no plan, be prepared to face nothing will work in the end of the day. So that’s simple, but with insufficient resources, we can actually figure out what method, resources, help that we need to get us there. Most importantly, can we take initiate to realize our dream by ourselves? Keep in mind, we can always get help but it is us that get our goal materialized.
5. Realistic & Compelling- Some of us could be overwhelmed in setting goals and dreams for ourselves. Some of us may ended up unrealistic. For example, if you’re in debt now, there’s no way you could make 1 million dollar by next year. Even if you could, you ended up paying up all your debt first before realizing it you made way less than that. Therefore, being realistic could challenge our plan whether that could be possible to achieve it. To take it further, we like to set goals that will drive our motivation to work on it. Not set goals that will demotivate our life and work. If that happened, our goal or dream does not seem to be motivating us or simply not compelling after all. It is our responsibility to ensure it stays juicy, sexy, compelling, attractive at all times.
6. Ecological- So what’s this terms all about? It is about self-checking whether do we have anything else in life that hindering us in achieving our goal or outcome? Is our health condition good enough to take us to make our million dollar as our next year income? Do we have good relationship with our partners or even spouse that support us in achieving that goal? That’s what I called ecological. At any point of time, if we failed to reach our goal, always check where we are at this point of time in terms of life, relationship, health, financial, mental and business.
7. Evidence- The most famous question in the end of the day, How do you know this is what you want to achieve by the end of next year, are you able to visualize it, hear about it yourself and specific feeling that will tell you, this is what you want?
There you go all in 7 Steps that helps you to weather any challenges in life. Till next post.
Have an awesome brand New Year 2013 for yourself. Happy New Year!